Sports massage offers great benefit to those in training, whatever the sport. During intense training, competition and sometimes in everyday life, muscle strength and endurance is pushed to its limits and beyond. Sports massage enhances performance, ensuring muscles stay in peak condition and aiding recovery from exertion and injury. Regular sports massage can prevent injuries, maintaining muscles in good condition, improving their flexibility and aiding lymphatic drainage.
Sports massage should play an important part in the life of any sports person whether they are injured or not. Muscles can be sore after training and recovery time is needed. A massage will help increase fresh blood flow to the area to flush out waste, toxins and lactic acid. Massage has a number of benefits both physical, physiological and psychological.
Benefits of Sports Massage:
1. Prevention of injuries through regular monitoring
2. As part of a rehabilitation programme it will speed recover of acute or chronic muscle, tendon and ligament injuries
3. Relieves aches & pains, niggling knots and sore muscles
4. Stretches and relaxes tight and sore muscles
5. Pre and post event sports massage to prepare muscles and aid muscle recovery
Sports Massage can be an effective treatment against many common sporting complaints such as:
- Sprains & Strains
- Runner’s Knee
- Tennis/Golfers elbow
- Shin Splints
- Plantar Fasciitis
- RSI Injuries
Pre & Post Event Massage
Stimulating and invigorating massage up to 4 hours before an event warms muscles and prepares them for the big event.
Massage within 24 hours of an event can reduce DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) allowing you to get back to training more quickly